Do you dream of driving a real race car?
Are you ready to take lapping to the next level?
Looking to add a competitive edge to your performance driving?
Maybe you are looking for a stepping stone into wheel-to-wheel racing?
Then it’s time to step up to the challenge, the Calabogie Libre Challenge.
What is it all about?
It is all about camaraderie, safety, sportsmanship and just good fun! There will be specific passing zones on a fully marshaled track, so playing nice is mandatory!
New for 2019 – each Class Winner in all three Challenge Series – will be welcomed to test drive a Radical Sports Car courtesy of Radical Canada – drives to be held in October 2019 – this is an amazing prize, we can’t thank Radical enough! – Get your cars ready!
2019 Event Schedule posted above
This year there will be one all day test day and 7 race evenings. The championship will count 6 of the races. So if you have a schedule conflict or bad luck you get to drop one race so a better chance of winning the championship.
We will only present trophies if there are 2 or more cars in a class. There is a Legend class as long as there are 3 or more cars.
Any type of formula car sports racer or legend car is eligible, so long as you meet a few basic requirements.
You are responsible for your own technical inspection, however if your car is seen to be unsafe you may be removed from an event.
Qualifying as a Racer
So your car qualifies, but do you qualify to join us?
NOTE: This is a RACE not just lapping where we keep track of your place in the field. This is intense, with traffic, understand that before you sign up.
- Are signed off to drive solo at CMP?
- Do you have significant lapping experience and have a very high comfort level at the track?
- Are you comfortable in a lot of fast traffic? You don’t have to be fast, but you have to be able to do your thing, while being able to pay attention to all cars around you, and to point faster people by.
- Are you new to the series, there will be a peer review done before your first event, likely during the practice of your first event. These will be series veterans that will assess you on track and advise whether or not they feel safe to drive on track with you under race conditions
Contact Nigel at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your peer review.
Please contact Nigel Mortimer at email@example.com before you register to confirm you and your car qualify
Single Events – $250/event.
Single Race Registration
Registration will open soon
Test n Tune Day – $350 +HST
Three Events – $700 and Includes the season opener Test & Tune.
Three Race Registration – includes the Test n Tune.
Registration will open soon
Full Package – $1325 and includes 1 Test & Tune.
There will be 4 classes running this year, Libre1, Libre2, Libre3 and Libre4.
- Libre1: F-3000, Formula Atlantic, F3, F2, Elan, Star Mazda series, Stohr & Radicals (high HP) Sport Racers
- Libre2: Radicals, Formula Renault, Formula Mazda (older model – single wing), F2000
- Libre3: Formula Mazda (newer model – double wing), Formula 1600, Formula BMW, F4, Legends
- Libre4: Formula 1200
Class requirements may be changed or modified at the discretion of CMP without notice.
- Cancellations within 5 days prior to event will result in $100 admin fee
- Date transfers within 48 hours prior to event will result in $100 admin fee